Some things about Cooper:
- He loves, I mean LOVES, taking a tubby. He lives for it!
- He also LOVES the snow. Thankfully, we had on hand a snowsuit that fit him so that when we got this snowstorm, he was all set to go out and play!
- He loves anything with buttons- especially i*Pods and Leap*sters.
- I love the way he sucks his thumb one one hand, while covering it up with the other. It's adorable to me. (Probably it won't be very soon.)
- He's developed an obsession with Mic*key Mouse. It's hysterical. When the theme song from Mick*ey Mouse Clubhouse comes one, he goes bananas! Again, adorable. (And, little does he know, but his Aunt Jess works for the Mouse....a perk he is sure to enjoy!)
- Scot is convinced he has a photographic memory. I don't know about photographic, but I'll admit, his visual memory in particular is insane! He'd seen my dad's car, a Subaru Outback, maybe twice briefly. Then, when we were out on the road or in a parking lot, every time he would see an Outback he'd say, " YeYe's car"- and he was never wrong even if it was another color. Same thing with Scot's car or mine- never does he mistake it for another model. But, the kicker came yesterday when Scot took Cooper and Sawyer to buy sneakers. They got to the sneaker wall in the store, and Cooper began looking intently at the wall. Within one minute, he said, "Baba shoes". Sure enough, he had picked out the EXACT sneakers Scot was wearing albeit in another color. Now, these are not sneakers Scot wears a often at all. I probably couldn't have picked them out without looking back at Scot's shoes ten times! His memory truly is incredible. And, somehow, we feel freer to brag about it since it wasn't our DNA that contributed to that! :) It's a beautiful gift from his birth parents.
- He can nearly spell his name ("C-o-p-e-r, COOPER!") and he already recognizes it when he sees it. (Considering my last point, this is not surprising.)
- When I read a book, he points out every recognizable thing on the pages so that I will tell him what it is. He is laser focus on learning this language, and he is very intentional about it. This drives us all crazy though when we are reading together and actually trying to get through a story! :)