I want to remember 2012- it was a GREAT year. So, in an effort to review so much I forgot to chronicle here, and to help me remember all the highlights, here are my top 12 moments of 2012 in some kind of order:
12. Being part of a wonderfu team of soccer families. Win/loss statistics aside, we won BIG when we scored such AWESOME families!
11. Celebrating my mom's 60th with her. It was a simple gathering, but it was perfect to celebrate her!
10. Finally completing Cooper's readoption in New Hampshire. It was the last adoption related task we had to complete, and it felt GOOD! (No pictures taken that day though! :( )
9. The addition of a woman who has become a great friend as an Administrative Assistant for our Children's Ministry. Can you say "life saver"?
8. Living vicariously through my niece Sophia, as all her hard work paid off and she made it to the final cut in an open Broadway casting call. In the end, she wasn't cast, but it didn't make us any less proud. We now know it is just a matter of time and the right opportunity (and we're not surprised).
7. Taking Cooper to Disneyland (or "Disney Junior" as he calls it) to meet Mickey and Lightning McQueen. It was an awesome opportunity. Then, having the whole family there together was the icing an already awesome cake!
6. The safe and healthy arrival of our newest nephew, Griffin Robert, in spite of some very scary circumstances. We were excited for his arrival anyway, but we were all the more thankful for him considering the way it could have gone if just a few things had happened differently.
5. Being a small part of a BIG miracle for a beautiful baby girl- an orphan in China whose face captured my heart. I remember where I was when I got the news that they found a liver for her, and I never once stopped praying that whole day and night until I heard word she came through beautifully! To see these pictures today brings me GREAT joy!
4. Hearing the news that Miss Alea has been matched with a family, and then "meeting" them via Facebook. I'm thankful that I will have the opportunity to watch her grow up! It's more than I would have hoped!
3. Being there to see my sister marry her best friend. Best. Day. Ever.
2. Celebrating 15 years of marriage to my best friend that same week. I'm always proud of him, but watching him marry Jess and Ric is right up there with the proudest I've ever been of him. I'm tremendously blessed that he'd choose me! Here's to the next 15!
1. Well......here I prefer to plead the 5th thankyouverymuch. I know, that's mean, but you can spend some time imagining what might beat out all those other options as the best moment of my year.
My new years resolution? I have two:
1. Resurrect this dying blog
2. Go back to China....no matter what, come hell or high water, one way or another.